Attend the Forum
Stay tuned—we expect registration to open later in 2023 or early in 2024.
Note that in general participants cover their own travel and accommodation costs. Some meals and breaks will be provided on site, but not dinners. Some subsidies may be available for low-income participants, subject to funding.
Accommodation in Ottawa
DON’T WAIT! We’re pretty emphatic about this.
The Forum is being held at the University of Ottawa in the downtown area. Places to stay in central Ottawa get booked up fast for some times of year ….. like May! The Forum runs from the evening of May 23 to noon on May 26.
If you are thinking about coming to the Forum, book now (and of course check the cancellation policy).
There are OPTIONS
- There are many hotels at different price points in the downtown area and close to campus. Meetings are in the CRX building. There is a transit stop close by too.
- Novotel and Les Suites are just a few minutes walk to campus, are good quality and relatively well-priced. They are also steps away from the Rideau Centre.
- The University of Ottawa has 2-bedroom suites with bathroom and kitchenette. As university classes end, these residence suites are available to the public. They are hotel-like and a good, more affordable option:
- On campus, 90U is very close to the Forum meeting space https://www.uottawa.ca/about-us/reservations/summer-accommodation/residences/90u
- The Rideau residence is a short walk to campus https://www.uottawa.ca/about-us/reservations/summer-accommodation/residences/rideau
There will be registration fees but we’re working hard to keep them modest.